Saturday, August 7, 2010

Go-To Gift

Ever have trouble thinking of the perfect girlfriend gift for your bestie?

You want it to be perfect, a suprise, creative, and, of course, not too spendy. Well, if you have a camera handy, you've got your next present already half planned. One of my long time pals and I are both snap-happy, and both of us place a lot of value on photos. So, rather than agonizing over eachothers Christmas gifts, we've made a sort of pact.

Each year, we will exchange framed photography of our own creation. Sure, we know what we're getting, but the suprise of what photo was chosen and why makes the trade so fun and meaningful. What made that moment in time make her think of me? Out of all the photos she's taken in a year, why this one? It creates discussion and bonding, and we each come out with art for our home.
Christmas 2009 Photos: Left by yours truly, Right by RJF
We've both also become experts at cute-but-cheap picture frames. Target and Walgreen's have captured our hearts and wallets for their wide array, and one can easily find something well-suited to any photo in the $5-$20 range.

1 comment:

  1. Aash! Love it! I feel so special to be included in your blog! I love the new blog and what you have to say/share. I read it and it sounds just like I'm talking to you in person :) Love the realm!

    ReplyDelete