Sunday, August 1, 2010

Color Your World

Nail polish runs the gamut from the chippy $1 check-out line variety, to the - I am not kidding - $55,000 per bottle made-with-platinum-dust sort. I try to keep it somewhere in between, and a little more towards the former.

Since nail color is a notoriously flighty trend, I tend to not want to invest too much. And plus, who among us has ever truly used up an entire bottle? If this rings true for you, I've got your brand.

Sinful Colors Professional.

Available at every Walgreen's around the country for $1.99 a pop, these full-sized bottles have a decent brush, and with a little topcoat, your pedicure will make it through a couple weeks at least. My current fave for my summer tootsies: Mint Apple.
Image courtesy of Walgreens.com
A drastic change from my tried-and-true terra cotta toe hue, this color gives a nod to the blue family with just enough of a white base to keep me looking tan.

The Sinful Colors branch of the Mirage Cosmetics line was launched in 1996, giving the company ample time to perfect it's formula and develop it's 300+ colors. From glitter to metallic, midnight blue to ballet slipper pink, they've got'cha lacquered. 

At two bucks a pop, I may just try 'em all.

3 comments:

  1. Can you recommend a good top coat? I also like this polish, but find it very chippy when used on fingers (toes are much more protected- no problems there)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have better luck when I use a base coat AND top coat - OPI makes an amazing base called Chip Skip. A little torturous to spend $8 on a clear bottle, but mine has seriously lasted for-ev-er, and I just use good ol' Wet n' Wild top coat. That guy is called Rock Solid, and it has an awesome giant tacky diamond on top of the brush. :)
    The Chip Skip acts a little like a drying agent, and preps the nail for the polish to really adhere to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just now noticed your response! Good advice- will buy pronto. In fact, I find myself wanting to buy everything you tell me to. Careful now, lady!

    ReplyDelete