Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Anchors Aweigh

For my mani/pedi's, base coat is even more important than that pretty gloss of topcoat.

My favorite: O.P.I. Chip Skip
Image courtesy of Buy.com
It's rough to shell out the $9 for a bottle of what looks like water, but it will last ages, and it really does extend the life of those at-home spa treatments.

Here's how it works: The formula acts as kind of a primer rather than traditional base coat. It leaves a bit of a whitish, dry looking residue after just a second or two. Chip Skip comes in the same form of bottle-and-brush as traditional polish, and with a couple swipes over each nail, you're ready for paint.

I picked mine up at Walgreen's around 2 years ago (told ya it lasts!), but any retailer who carries O.P.I. will most likely have it.

Keep the chips in the bag, not on your nails.

2 comments:

  1. After reading this I now want to give myself a mani/pedi and go out and buy the O.P.I polish. Good work! :) O.P.I should pay your for this article :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Base coat is a must! Because even cheap polish between OPI base and top lasts longer! And that makes more colors an option. ;)

    ReplyDelete