Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Sample Test #1

Here we go - I'm using my own face as a guinea pig.

Test #1: Cover FX Camouflage Concealer in Light

First Impression:
*Scary orange color, even though it's second to lightest and the spectrum of offerings ranges from X-Light to X-Deep.
*Strange odor: Semi-herbal, semi-medicinal, overall weirdness.

Application:
*A little thick, but goes on smoothly and blends quickly and easily. No more orange (phew!).
*Covers like a dream - I'm instantly flawless.
*A little goes a long way - Just how I like it for $$$ purposes when looking at a new product. I used maybe a quarter of the sample and got all the major areas on my entire face.

Wear:
*Lovely matte finish.
*Didn't do my dry skin any favors - Flakiness showed through, but was squashed with a light moisturizer application over the top. To it's credit, make-up stayed put.
*A little heavy. I don't notice it moment-to-moment, but my face feels way different than normal to the touch (the company calls this "velvety". Hmm.).

Grade: B+
I'd buy it and use it, but not every day. Too heavy. Super fab special occasion coverage.
Image courtesy of Sephora.com
Full Size Info:
Buy it online through Sephora at $27 for 0.5 ounces. The sample is 0.05 ounces, so I'm pretty sure 1/2 an ounce would last for quite a while. Wide range of colors

No comments:

Post a Comment