Sunday, October 31, 2010

Further Lip Service

As mentioned yesterday, since getting hooked on Covergirl Outlast Lipstain I've had a bit of an extra drying factor happening on my lips. Thought I'd share my fave ways of nipping that in the bud:
Image courtesy of Yun.Shop.blogspot.com
Favorite Chapstick:
As many of my pals will confirm, I'm a bit of a chapstick snob. I've tried a boatload, and my winner comes from a place you may not even know makes the stuff: The Gap. Yep, Great American Pants (did you know that's what Gap stands for?) should actually be Great American Chapstick... but Gac just isn't that catchy. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways:
*Zero stickiness.
*Sheen like a light gloss.
*Long-lasting.
*$4-$5.
*Actually good for your lips.
*Yummy flavors/scents that change periodically (I currently have Sugar Plum and Pomegranate in my purse).

Image courtesy of mythbusterbeauty.com
Favorite Gloss:
Lots of the same high points I look for in a chapstick factor into my gloss as well. I don't wear it super often, so I'll put up with a teeny bit of stickiness, but other than that I want an easy, comfy wear. I'm not the girl who wants to reapply either, so it's gotta have a bit of staying power. Winner: Too Faced. There are several different styles, from uber-shine to just-a-hint. Find it at Sephora.com

No comments:

Post a Comment