Saturday, October 30, 2010

Givin' Some Lip

New must-have alert!
Image courtesy of makeupandbeautyblog.com
Pretty much all the drugstore brands are jumping on the bandwagon with the lip stains in marker form, but I decided to try Covergirl Outlast Lipstain... Mostly because it was the one in front of me in the aisle, and on sale to boot. It seemed like a safe bet to try (regular price: $8.99).
Image courtesy of Walgreens.com
I chose the color 'Flirty Nude', pictured above. Based on some staining trials in college with actual markers, I knew to choose slightly brighter than I would in a lip gloss or lipstick as stains are sheer as sheer can be, and are easily layered for higher impact. The options for the Outlast stain line are fairly wide - From the lightest pink 'Everbloom Kiss', to the darkest mauve 'Saucy Plum', you'll find a shade for you.

Bonus: This little guy is currently available for the buy one get one 50% off program on Walgreens.com (good for a multitude of Covergirl goodies - Mix and match style), so if you need a super easy stocking stuffer, carpe diem.

My only issue with it is the little bit of a drying factor, which I've found to be easily remedied with a little swipe of gloss or chapstick over the top. Pucker up!

No comments:

Post a Comment