Monday, September 13, 2010

Umbra-lievably Easy

I love to scrapbook, but sometimes I just don't have the time or motivation to bust out all of my supplies and get down to business. I still tend to hang on to all those little bits and pieces that make a scrapbook live up to it's name, and have finally found something quick and easy to take care of the memory-inducing goodies that tend to start cluttering up my mantle/fridge/dresser.
Image courtesy of PostModernDesigns.co.uk
Umbra, which I'm sure you've seen the aisle of at Target, has always been my favorite for clever twists on photo display. Lately they've been doing a lot with magnetic structures, allowing the user to create a three dimensional scrapbook that can be changed in seconds.
Image courtesy of FridgeDoor.com
This is the Seto Suspension Frame, which I've decked out in my house with sports tickets, a sew-on patch, pinback button, and even an ice cream bar shaped eraser. Each spoke is completely removable, allowing any combo of items to be masterfully staged. I needed mine to be a lower profile, so have no spokes emitting from the top plane, taking down the height shown above considerably.
My own 3D scrapbook results
This frame isn't available on the Umbra site any more, but is at FridgeDoor.com, and retails for under $20.

Blow the dust of those scraps, de-clutter your surfaces, and create a piece of art, all in 5 minutes or less.

1 comment: