Friday, May 13, 2011

Making My Own Sunshine

In my corner of the world, Old Man Winter will just not unclench his miserable, waterlogged grasp. As of this May 13th, I could see my breath as I walked into work swathed in my fleece and pashmina. Unacceptable!
 Image courtesy of IndependentTraveler.com
So what's the remedy? Well, as jetting off to some island locale is off the table at the moment, I'll settle for sunny, flashy nails.
 I recently discovered Savina nail polish at Nordstrom Rack, and it - Like Mary Poppins herself - is practically perfect in every way. I picked up "Golden", and the perfect metallic that is coating my digits right now is almost as good as seeing a break in the clouds.

Almost.



Image courtesy of VeganGoods.com

 But to boost my morale, Savina also ticks these must-haves off the list:
*Has the ever-coveted perfect application brush (only a couple swipes to evenly coat the entire nail)
*Only two coats necessary, and a quick dry time on the first.
*Earth (& human) friendly formaldehyde and toluene-free formula (say that five times fast.)
*Under $4/bottle for almost 100 colors on VeganGoods.com

Now if only Mother Nature would catch up to my sunny mood.

Follow-Up (5/19/2010): Although this note will force me to come clean on a bad habit, this nail polish (paired with OPI's Chip Skip and Wet n' Wild topcoat) was a dreamy peeler - Came off in sheets when my picking fingers got to it. What fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment