Monday, May 16, 2011

Eye of the Tigress

Raise your hand if liquid eyeliner is or was ever a scary prospect. Nearly everyone? Yes? Let me qualm your fears and lead you into the land of Cleopatra with ease.
 RIP Liz ~ Image courtesy of SelectSpecs.com

Now, let it be known, I can take z-e-r-o credit here.  The ever-fashionable and intrepid makeup guinea pig LBD turned me on to this, and even gifted me my first one. I'll kill the suspense: It's InColor FauLiner. A liquid eyeliner contained in a FELT TIP MARKER. I cannot make this up. Genius.
Image courtesy of Walgreens.com

I was nervous about liquid eyeliner for years before trying it out, but once the spell was cast I could never go back to a regular pencil. I was fairly adept at my mini-cat-eye swipe*, but the trouble was the inconsistency. Sometimes thicker, sometimes thinner, a q-tip fix often took up some of my precious morning getting ready time.

At $1.99 - seriously - FabuLiner is a steal and a half. It comes in your basic brown and black online, and I've seen it in navy and dark green in Walgreens. Quick tip: Find it almost always at the cosmetics counter. It's not on the wall or down an aisle like a major brand (Cover Girl, etc.), and the only thing sold under the brand name is eyeliner. Period.
Image courtesy of AccordingToNoes.com
I do wish they would come out with a waterproof version, but at a price of under $2, I can afford to reapply if needed (actually haven't really had to ever - fab staying power on the upper lid!)

Walk like an Egyptian.

*My fave pre-FabuLiner find was always Almay. If your a traditionalist when lit comes to liquid liner, try it out. Optional waterproof formula, soft brush, and easy on the eyes (literally and figuratively).

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm glad you like it so much! The navy sounds neat, I have to look for that version...sounds like another trip to the drugstore is in order!

    ReplyDelete