Saturday, December 4, 2010

Sample Test #3

Test number three could prove to be eye popping.

It's a Sephora's own brand of eyeshadow in a neat little palette.

Now, I want to like purple, but it's just never really done it for me. But. Intrepid tester that I now am, I'll own the hue today.

First Impression/Application:
*Really have to load up the brush to get a good swath of color on my lid with the purples.
*The light and dark purples came across about 2 shades lighter than they look on the card.
*The top color, "Tender Pink No.27", appeared to be shimmery, but surprisingly didn't transfer that way at all. Much flatter than expected.
*The bottom color, "Tiny Bubbles No.12", surprised me by having actual teensy bits of glitter in it. Seemed like a lot for the office, but great for evening. A kind of platinum blonde gold tone, it highlights perfectly and could be dusted on the collar/cheek bones easily.

Overall:
Super impressed with the staying power - Didn't budge all day (with use of Almay eye base previously covered). I'd purchase Tiny Bubbles and use it regularly, but the others I can do without.

Grade: C
Not what I expected in terms of color or texture, but solid staying power and 1 out of 4 was a winner.

Buy it here on Sephora.com for $12 per color pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment