Monday, December 5, 2011

Sparkle and Shine

Don't know about you, but I seem to have a hard time not being attracted to anything coated in glitter during the holidays. So you can see why when I saw ...love Maegan's Maegan Tintari take on a neutral nail with a hint of sparkle I had to try my own hand (haaaaaa.) at it.

Glitters-but-not-too-much and goes with everything? Yes. You can see her tutorial here.
 For my own digits, I used Revlon's Sheer Cotton :
Image courtesy of tinroofnails.com
  ...And a swipe of Sally Hansen's new Gem Crush line in the color Big Money :
Image courtesy of AlisNailNews.blogspot.com
Those colors together along with Maegan's single-swipe idea turned out looking like this on my hand :
Excuse the Instagr.am quality, but you get the idea. I'm thrilled with the outcome. The glitter is uber-durable, and a chip in nude nail polish isn't very noticeable, which combined are making my life easier.
Grab the Revlon Sheer Cotton here (on sale for $3.99) or at your local drugstore for around $6. Pick up the Sally Hansen Gem Crush in Big Money (or any of the other DELICIOUS colors) in person only at this point - Not available anywhere online that I can find including the Sally Hansen website, which is currently down. Regardless, I think it will run you right around $6 too.
I plan on quite a few more spin-offs of this mani in my future... Stay tuned.

Color Run Of Gem Crush Line ('Big Money' 3rd from left)
Image courtesy of AlisNailNews.com

No comments:

Post a Comment